TSA Badging

If you are checked out to be PIC of one of our airplanes, you will need a TSA security badge for KHVN to access the aircraft.  To obtain one you must

  1. Have a completed application signed by our TSA signatory, Laura Baldwin (203-966-8499, lfbaldwin@aol.com). For that signature she needs to see two forms of ID (passport and driver’s license work really well) - AT LEAST ONE NEEDS TO BE A PASSPORT, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
  2. With the above completed, contact the Badging Office at security@flytweed.com or 203-466-8833 ext 1004 (speak with Bryan, Tyrone or Alicia) to have your fingerprints taken and organize training. Badging office and training hours (M, W, F 9am to 2:30pm; Th 2pm to 8pm) will have staff on site to accommodate up to 4 people for badging and renewals, but please give advance notice if you can so they don’t double book. 
  3. New badges are $50 (cash or check made out to “HVN”) and renewals are $30, which we need to do every other year in September. Be sure to have your old badge with you, plus the two forms of government issued ID you showed to Laura.

If someone isn't compliant their badge will be disabled, and they will have to attend a training class to have it re-enabled and usable. Tweed is becoming quite serious about everyone having and using their security badge – pilots without badges will be escorted from the airport and will not be able to fly!!!